this is a fantastic chicken recipe - great for grilling out on a summer night - these make great appetizers as well - you can wrap a stick in a lettuce leaf, top with garnishes, and hold it together it a toothpick, just make sure to put plenty of dipping sauce bowls around!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 scallions, white part only,chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (or veg oil and a generous pinch red pepper flakes)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground chicken
for dipping sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minuced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1whisk together all first 9 ingredients.
- 2add in ground chicken and mix together*gently*.
- 3shape the meat into sticks (should look like 3 inch long cylinders, should take 2-3 tbsp of chicken mixture per stick).
- 4cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hrs.
- 5whisk together dipping sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 6light your grill.
- 7grill sticks over medium heat, turning to prevent burn, until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for vietnamese chicken sticks
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.2
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 195.0 mg
- Sodium 2390.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 43.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: