2 hrs 5 mins
Michael Bao Huynh - Mai house, New York City
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, inner leaves only, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, split, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1Combine the garlic, onion, lemongrass, ginger, peppers, cilantro, fish sauce, sugar, and lime in a saucepan.
- 2Slowly bring to a boil over medium heat, then take off the stove and cool.
- 3Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- 4Toss the chicken into the marinade and let it marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 5Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- 6Skewer the chicken cubes and grill them for 3 to 4 minutes a side, until they're firm and lightly charred.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Chicken Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 4424.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: