Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
Michael Bao Huynh - Mai house, New York City
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, inner leaves only, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, split, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Combine the garlic, onion, lemongrass, ginger, peppers, cilantro, fish sauce, sugar, and lime in a saucepan.
- Slowly bring to a boil over medium heat, then take off the stove and cool.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss the chicken into the marinade and let it marinate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Skewer the chicken cubes and grill them for 3 to 4 minutes a side, until they're firm and lightly charred.
My husband loved this. I thought it was pretty good. It was pretty salty, though. So I'm giving it a rating of 4. :) Thanks for sharing. *Made for Let's Get Skewered Asian game*