1/3 Photos of Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich (Banh Mi)
Vicki in CT's Note:
Salty, sweet, crunchy all on one sandwich. Guaranteed to excite your taste buds! Healthy sandwich that comes together quickly. This can be grilled outdoors or cooked in a skillet/grill pan indoors. Serve with a nice soup for a super simple, but healthy meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I like them on the thinner side but thick is fine too)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (can also use a chile infused oil for some zip)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (or powder to reduce sodium)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (can sub splenda)
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (I use rice wine, but any variety will do or can also sub with lime juice)
- 1 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cucumber, VERY thinly sliced (I like the English seedless variety)
- cilantro (chopped) (optional)
- hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 rolls, split (ciabatta bread is great but any bread choice will do)
- 1Drizzle olive oil over chicken breasts. Season with garlic salt.
- 2Wrap rolls in foil to heat on grill, or if cooking chicken indoors just pop in toaster oven to lightly toast.
- 3Chicken can be grilled outdoors or seared in a non stick skillet sprayed with Pam. Cook until done (10-15 minutes approximately depending on heat), without overcooking.
- 4Meanwhile, while chicken is cooking, in a very small sauce pan combine sugar, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, water, oil, and vinegar. Heat over medium low while stirring until sugar is disolved and peanut butter is melted.
- 5Assemble sandwiches by layering cucumbers on bottom of roll, top with chicken, followed by broccoli slaw (cilantro/hot pepper flakes if using too), then drizzle sauce over slaw. Top with upper bun.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Chicken Sandwich (Banh Mi)
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1139.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 35.8 g