Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 serrano chilies, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup cilantro, or basil or mint shredded
- to taste black pepper, freshly ground
- Poach chicken in lightly salted, simmering water until juices run clear (about 30 minutes). Remove from the liquid and cool. Shred meat.
- In small bowl stir together lime juice, fish sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, chili peppers and garlic. Stir in onions, cover and let steep at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Blanch bean sprouts in boiling water. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- In large bowl combine chicken, bean sprouts, cabbage and cilantro.
- Add sauce and toss to mix well.
- Grind black pepper over top and garnish with cilantro
A very nice change from the boring mayoniase based salad. Love the heat.
The recipe was amazingly delicious, especially for something with almost no fat. I was in a hurry, so I used a roasted chicken from my supermarket. I also used a tablespoon of Vietnamese chile/garlic paste instead of the serranos and garlic.