Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this last night, and as I'm typing this I'm thinking that adding a few dashes of hot sauce to the dressing would make this dish even better ... food for thought (ha, no pun intended). Also I served this as a main dish salad, but it could just as easily be a starter salad to another asian dish, in which the serving size would increase. YUM...
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup carrot, matchstick-cut
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne-cut
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienne-cut
- 1 whole chicken, cooked and shredded
- 6 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, finely chopped
- In a small microwave bowl, combine the lime juice, sugar, and garlic. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until the sugar melts.
- Cool to room temperature and add the fish sauce.
- Transfer dressing to a large shallow salad or pasta serving dish.
- Add the all the ingredients to the bowl (except the peanuts) in the order given, using tongs mix to incorporate the food with the dressing.
- Chill, covered in the refrigerator for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle peanuts on top and serve.