1/1 Photo of Vietnamese Chicken Salad
1 hr 10 mins
Kirstin in the Couv's Note:
This is the perfect entree salad in my opinion! Once you make it the first time, you will want it again and again! It is very crisp, clean and fresh tasting. Although there are a lot of ingredients, it is very simple and foolproof to prepare. I always buy a precooked whole chicken at the market to use for this salad. Makes it perfect for a summer get-together!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breast halves (can use any precooked chicken)
- 1 tablespoon lee kum kee chili-garlic sauce or 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 head savoy cabbage (shredded or chiffonade)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 small fresh red hot chili peppers or 1 small green hot chili pepper, diced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, julienned
- 2 large carrots, julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted peanuts
- 1Salt, pepper and roast chicken breasts at 400 until done.
- 3Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together chili paste, garlic, sugar, vinegar, lime juice, fish sauce, and peanut oil until well combined.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Remove chicken meat from bones and slice each breast thinly on the bias.
- 6In a medium bowl, toss together cabbage, mint, and cilantro.
- 7Add 1/2 of the dressing and toss.
- 8Place on a large platter or 4 individual platters.
- 9Top cabbage mixture with onion, pepper, cucumber, carrots, bell pepper, and chicken.
- 10Drizzle with the reserved dressing, garnish with peanuts and cilantro sprigs, and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.5
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 1695.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar