Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Based on a recipe by lê van nhânh & meera freeman
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 250 g Chinese cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated into very fine shreds
- 2 tablespoons lemon myrtle infused macadamia nut oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped vietnamese hot mint or 1⁄2 tablespoon mint, and 1/2 tablespoon rocket chopped into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts
- 1 tablespoon natural macadamia nut oil
- 1 tablespoon crisp fried shallot (buy in Asian Grocery stores)
- shrimp crackers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 fresh red chile (seeded and sliced finely)
- Simmer chicken breasts in a saucepan of salted water until chicken is just.
- cooked through. Drain the chicken and set aside to cool.
- Combine vinegar, salt, pepper and raw sugar and marinate the sliced red.
- onion in this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Combine cabbage and carrot together in a large bowl. Pull the cooled chicken.
- into fine shreds with your fingers and combine with the cabbage and carrot.
- Add the onion, it’s marinade and the Lemon Myrtle Macadamia Oil and toss.
- well. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Fry macadamia pieces on gentle heat in macadamia oil stirring gently until.
- just brown. Remove from heat and drain on paper towel.
- Garnish with the hot mint, macadamias and crisp fried shallots.
- Serve accompanied with the Dipping sauce and prawn crackers.
- Dipping Sauce.
- Combine fish sauce, lime juice, raw sugar and sliced chilli in a small serving.
- bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved.