1/2 Photos of Vietnamese Chicken Pancakes With Shrimps (Bhan Ga)
This is a basic dish that needs some preparation of the ingredients, but it is quickly prepared. In Vietnam this is served with a choice of greens, rice paper sheets, fresh mint and don't forget the dipping sauce (nuoc cham). Note: I served this with the ingredients I had on hand. Suggestions for the nuoc cham: Vietnamese Dipping Sauce--Vegan Nuoc Cham Alternative and Nuoc Cham (Vietnamese Dipping Sauce). (Recipe revised after review of JustJans)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rice flour (regular white rice flour, not glutinous rice flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (alternative beer or water)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 5 ounces chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup split green beans, soaked and steamed until soft
- some lettuce leaf (or other salad)
- 1 cup cucumber, slices
- 1 spring fresh mint leaves
- 10 sheets vietnamese rice paper, sprinkled with water to soften
- 1/2 cup pickled carrots or 1/2 cup fresh carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons nuoc cham sauce
- 1Combine rice flour, turmeric, water, salt, pepper and coconut milk.
- 2Mix well into a batter.
- 3Add green onions.
- 4Heat your wide skillet (non sticky pan) until very hot and add the oil.
- 5Now add chicken, shrimps, onion and garlic.
- 6Sauté for 3 minutes until meat is just done. Set aside.
- 7Reduce heat to medium.
- 8Place one quarter of the meat mix into the skillet and poor one quarter of batter on it.
- 9After 1-2 minutes add one quarter of bean sprouts and green beans.
- 10Cover and cook 5 more minutes until set.
- 11Fold pancake and cook about 5 minutes until crisp. Don't burn it.
- 12Transfer to plate and serve with garnish and dipping sauce. Repeat with the other portions.
- 13Use rice paper sheets to assemble, dip and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Chicken Pancakes With Shrimps (Bhan Ga)
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.7
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 545.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 17.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
nuoc cham sauce