- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 ounces wide rice noodles
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar (to taste)
- 3 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 English cucumber, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup fresh basil, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken in just enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer chicken is just done. When cool enough to handle shred into bite-size pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook rice noodles until tender (6 to 8 minutes) Drain and rinse.
- Combine vinegar, fish sauce and sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves. Add the chicken and rest of the ingredients and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.