Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a great version of kho. It is so good, sweet and salty. Serve with rice to soak up the spicy ginger sauce.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add oil; heat until hot. Add chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minuntes or until browned.
- Add ginger, onions and garlic stirring for 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients except water and green onions and bring to a boil until sauce begins to thicken .
- Add water, reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook chicken for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken no longer pink in center.
- Stir in green onions.
This is an excellent recipe. I did double the sauce only on personal preference. Will make this again. Thanks for posting. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.