One of my favourite curries that I find quite quick and easy.
Make and share this Vietnamese Chicken Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken pieces
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut cream
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic, chilli, ginger lemongrass and curry paste.
- Add chicken and braise on all sides, coating well with curry paste.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes over a low heat.
- Remove lid, add sugar and stir well.
- Pour in coconut cream and stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- I*like to add zucchini, green beans, and red and green capsicum in the last 15 minutes of cooking if I don't feel like making a separate vegetable dish.
We loved this tasty curry. I will be making this again and again. I just added a bit of fish sauce at the end but it would have been fine without it too. I used green curry paste as the curry paste so I left out the chilli as the paste was pretty spicy. I threw in some zucchini and snow peas towards the end as suggested. Great recipe!
Real taste sensations in this chicken dish, I didnt have any fresh chillis so used dry chilli flakes, and a lite can of coconut cream. Thanks for posting. =)
This was delicious, only change I made was that I used skim evaporated milk and coconut essence instead of coconut cream. I used Thai red curry paste because that was all I had, will be definitely keeping this one, have already passed it on to a friend. Not too strong taste just a great blend of flavours.