1/3 Photos of Vietnamese Chicken Curry
One of my favourite curries that I find quite quick and easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 kg chicken pieces
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- 2Add garlic, chilli, ginger lemongrass and curry paste.
- 3Add chicken and braise on all sides, coating well with curry paste.
- 4Cover and cook for 15 minutes over a low heat.
- 5Remove lid, add sugar and stir well.
- 6Pour in coconut cream and stock and bring to the boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for another 30 minutes.
- 8Serve over rice.
- 9I*like to add zucchini, green beans, and red and green capsicum in the last 15 minutes of cooking if I don't feel like making a separate vegetable dish.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1162.3
- Calories from Fat 750
- Total Fat 83.3 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 282.1 mg
- Sodium 374.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 19.4 g
- Protein 74.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste