Recipe by Pietro
A tasty curry that you will enjoy. Easy to make and has lots of nice ingredients. You can fine tune this curry to your particular taste.
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1200 g skinless chicken pieces
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 2 cups sweet potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop lemongrass, cut sweet potato into chunks, cut carrot into thick rounds, crush bay leaf.
- Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan and brown chicken on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat, add curry powder, crushed garlic and lemongrass.
- Cook for 1 minute. Return chicken to pan and coat with spices. Add sweet potato and carrot.
- Stir and add coconut milk, chicken stock and bay leaf. Season with caster sugar, pepper and fish sauce.
- Simmer gently, for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with your favourite rice.
- Tip. Garnish with Vietnamese mint.