1 hr 15 mins
A tasty curry that you will enjoy. Easy to make and has lots of nice ingredients. You can fine tune this curry to your particular taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop lemongrass, cut sweet potato into chunks, cut carrot into thick rounds, crush bay leaf.
- 2Heat oil in a heavy based saucepan and brown chicken on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- 3Reduce heat, add curry powder, crushed garlic and lemongrass.
- 4Cook for 1 minute. Return chicken to pan and coat with spices. Add sweet potato and carrot.
- 5Stir and add coconut milk, chicken stock and bay leaf. Season with caster sugar, pepper and fish sauce.
- 6Simmer gently, for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 7Serve with your favourite rice.
- 8Tip. Garnish with Vietnamese mint.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.6
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 612.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: