1/1 Photo of Vietnamese Chicken Curry
1 hr 25 mins
Some of the best chicken you will ever have. I have been eating this dish for 39 years since the first time my wife served it to me in VietNam and I haven't tired of it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut bite-size pieces
- 3 large potatoes, skinned,and chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large carrots, skinned and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- fresh cilantro
- fresh French bread or soft rye bread, sliced,for dipping
- 2 tablespoons India or good curry
- 1Heat oil in large pot and fry onions and garlic for 1 minute.
- 2Add the chicken and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- 3Add all the spices.
- 4Stir everything together for a few minutes.
- 5Let cook until chicken is tender.
- 6Add the rest of the ingredient.
- 7Bring to a boil and simmer gently for about 20 mintes.
- 8Garnish with cilantro before serving in bowls.
- 9Eat with French bread or serve with steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.6
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 703.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 39.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: