Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This incredibly light and healthy salad was adopted from onhealth.com. It can be eaten as a salad (great for picnics) or in a wrap or on bread as a sandwich. Enjoy
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage, savoy or 2 cups napa cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves
- Cover chicken with water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken.
- Mix lime juice, fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, and black pepper in a bowl. Wisk to combine and make sure that sugar is dissolved.
- Add the thinly sliced onion to the mixture. Set aside and let sit for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
- Add the cabbage,carrot, and cooled shredded chicken to the onion mixture.
- Served chilled or at room temperature.