This incredibly light and healthy salad was adopted from onhealth.com. It can be eaten as a salad (great for picnics) or in a wrap or on bread as a sandwich. Enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (I used cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage, savoy or 2 cups napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup mint leaf
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1Cover chicken with water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Shred chicken.
- 2Mix lime juice, fish sauce, vinegar, sugar, and black pepper in a bowl. Wisk to combine and make sure that sugar is dissolved.
- 3Add the thinly sliced onion to the mixture. Set aside and let sit for at least 20 minutes to allow the flavors to come together.
- 4Add the cabbage,carrot, and cooled shredded chicken to the onion mixture.
- 5Served chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Chicken Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.0
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 528.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 18.7 g