Recipe by Carianne
This comes from Nigella Lawson. I have tried it several times now, it is very good as a take to work lunch. I substitute Splenda for the sugar, and it is only 3 weight watcher points.
Top Review by Abi Fae
I used this recipe as a base for cabbage rolls. Basically, I wrap it in the cabbage leaves instead of shredding it, and dip it in nuoc chom. I skip the sugar, but otherwise keep it the same. This is a wonderful recipe! I make it at least once a month :)
- 1 hot Thai chile, seeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce (nuoc nam or nam pla)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely sliced
- black pepper
- 8 ounces white cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded or cut into fine strips
- 1 bunch mint
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing, combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Combine cabbage, chicken, carrot, and mint in a separate large bowl.
- Pour dressing slowly over the salad and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed, and garnish with additional mint.