Recipe by LifeIsGood
I found this recipe at recipegoldmine. I would suggest serving this with rice. Enjoy!
Top Review by Dienia B.
ok bad picture , i know , but holy moly this is good i LOVE the pairing of oyster sauce and shrimp and all the flavors of garlic and onion and pepper are awesome make this one if you like stronger flavors
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 scallions, chopped (white part only)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 fresh red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lime
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro (garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp with the oyster sauce, salt, cayenne pepper and flour. Set aside to marinate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Transfer the shrimp to the pan, discarding the marinade. Cook the shrimp, stirring occasionally, until they begin to turn pink.
- Add the water and sugar and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the scallions and onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the chile pepper and black pepper to taste.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the top of the shrimp and transfer the mixture to a platter.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.