Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sounds great, but I have not made it yet. It is from the Weight Watchers Flex and Core cookbook. The description says it is both sweet and spicy.
- Spray a large nonstick wok or high-sided skillet with nonstick spray and set over high heat.
- Add the scallions and garlic; stir-fry until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add the pork and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the content of the wok to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the wok to the heat and add the sugar; cook, stirring, until melted, lightly browned, and caramelized, about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in the broth.
- The caramel may form a hard lump.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts again and the broth boils, about 20 seconds.
- Stir in the fish sauce and pepper, then return the pork, vegetables, and juices to the wok.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce reduces to a glaze, about 2 minutes.
- Serve at once.