This sounds great, but I have not made it yet. It is from the Weight Watchers Flex and Core cookbook. The description says it is both sweet and spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray a large nonstick wok or high-sided skillet with nonstick spray and set over high heat.
- 2Add the scallions and garlic; stir-fry until softened, about 1 minute.
- 3Add the pork and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes.
- 4Transfer the content of the wok to a bowl and set aside.
- 5Return the wok to the heat and add the sugar; cook, stirring, until melted, lightly browned, and caramelized, about 30 seconds.
- 6Slowly stir in the broth.
- 7The caramel may form a hard lump.
- 8Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts again and the broth boils, about 20 seconds.
- 9Stir in the fish sauce and pepper, then return the pork, vegetables, and juices to the wok.
- 10Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce reduces to a glaze, about 2 minutes.
- 11Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Caramel Pork With Black Pepper - 5 Points
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.8
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.5 mg
- Sodium 773.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 30.6 g