1/1 Photo of Vietnamese Cabbage and Chicken Salad
Descibed online as a Vietnamese version of a much heavier western cole slaw. Posting for Chinese/Vietnamese New Year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 6 ounces green cabbage, shredded
- 6 ounces purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, half reserved for garnish
- 1 -2 chili peppers, use whatever heat you can stand or 1 -2 just use mild chile
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, can use fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1To make the salad, combine the shredded chicken, cabbage, carrots, scallions, peanuts, mint and 2 tbsp cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
- 2To make the dressing, combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl, stirring well to mix.
- 3Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- 4Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with remaining 2 tbsp of cilantro.
- 5Can also garnish with more peanuts, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Cabbage and Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.8
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 431.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 17.1 g