Descibed online as a Vietnamese version of a much heavier western cole slaw. Posting for Chinese/Vietnamese New Year.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 6 ounces green cabbage, shredded
- 6 ounces purple cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, half reserved for garnish
- 1 -2 chili peppers, use whatever heat you can stand or 1 -2 just use mild chile
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce, can use fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- To make the salad, combine the shredded chicken, cabbage, carrots, scallions, peanuts, mint and 2 tbsp cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
- To make the dressing, combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl, stirring well to mix.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with remaining 2 tbsp of cilantro.
- Can also garnish with more peanuts, if desired.
I eat salads every day for lunch and this is my new favorite. Love the dressing! ***Made for Spring PAC 2012***
Thank you for posting this. It sounds delicious and healthy.