Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A little unusual but easy side dish to prepare. Chinese cabbage can be used as well as ordinary cabbage. Some tabasco or red pepper flakes could spice it up quite nicely if desired.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 lb cabbage, cut into thin strips about 2 inches long
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- black pepper
- Beat the egg with the fish sauce and set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat, add garlic and oil.
- When garlic turns brown remove and discard it.
- Add cabbage, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbs water, cover and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and make a well in cabbage.
- Pour egg mixture in well.
- Stir fry 2 more minutes, add pepper and serve.
This was really good, I used red cabbage and the colour was gorgeous, will have to double the recipe next time as hubby had a big pig out!!!
Nice vegetable side dish, I have had a bottle of fish sauce for a couple of months and never used it before, gives this cabbage dish a lovely flavour, also liked the addition of the egg. The cabbage wasnt 'wet' which sometimes happens when I make cabbage. Thanks Tebo. =)
This is most enjoyable. Used your suggestion of adding some chilli flakes it was delicious. Just a bit different. Simple, tasty, easy and nourishing. Served this with Baked Rice and Lentils. Great double act. Bring on more of those great vege recipes Tebo.