Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe on foodnetwork.com It was featured on $40 A Day starring Rachel Ray. Enjoy!
- 26 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, minced
- 1⁄2 cup soybean oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- fresh black pepper
- 10 large rice paper sheets
- 16 ounces rice noodles (or more)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut into 3/4-inch lengths
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup pickled daikon, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 bunch basil, cleaned and leaves picked
- 1 bunch mint, cleaned and leaves picked
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley, cleaned and leaves picked
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -2 fresh chili pepper, minced
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 5 -7 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup coconut juice
- Soak rice noodles in warm water until softened, then drain.
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Combine all ingredients for the filling in a bowl, mix well and cover. Marinate for about 1 hour at room temperature.
- Preheat a grill. Grill chicken in pieces (cut to preference) until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Soak the wrappers, 1 at a time, in warm water until softened.
- Remove from the water and pat dry. Fill each wrapper with the chicken and all of the toppings.
- Roll the wrapper once over the filling. Tuck in the ends and roll completely.
- Press to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- For Dipping Sauce:.
- Combine all ingredients.