Recipe by Jewelies
Light tasty Vietnamese Beef Wraps. Just right for a healthy, refreshing summer dish.
Top Review by fromthissid
These wraps have become a family favorite! The recipe is turned out perfect the first time I tried it and the flavor is incredible. They're light, filling, and great for the waistline.
- 100 g vermicelli rice noodles
- 1 long red chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, seeds removed,thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 400 g steak fillets, very finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup fresh mint leaves
- 8 large soft lettuce leaves
- sweet chili sauce, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place noodles in a heatproof bowl, pour in enough water to cover and leave for 1 minute or until soft.
- Drain thoroughly then toss in a bowl with chilli, cucumber and lime juice.
- In a separate bowl, toss beef with garlic, fish sauce, rice wine and sugar.
- Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat until smoking.
- Add half the beef and stir-fry for about 30 seconds to sear.
- Remove and repeat with remaining beef, keep warm.
- Divide the noodle mixture, beef and mint between the lettuce leafs and roll loosely.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.