Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
You gotta try this! I threw this together out of things in the fridge and it is just fantastic! (Well, the bread wasn't in the fridge!) Try to use crusty bread, it is really good that way.
- 3 -4 ounces thin sliced deli roast beef
- 1 6 inch crusty French baguette
- iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sambal oelek chili paste (amount approximate and to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons thai sweet chili sauce (I used Mae Ploy brand)
- nuoc cham sauce (recipe ID #25375)
- Place beef on baguette and warm in microwave, if desired.
- On each side of bread, pour enough nuoc cham to moisten bread fairly well.
- On top of beef, spread sambal oelek (to the amount desired).
- Top with lettuce and a generous sprinkling of grated carrot.
- Pour chilli sauce on top of lettuce, top with upper half of bread; serve.
This was very good, used leftover roast beef; works well with roast pork too. I used coleslaw salad mix and omitted the lettuce. Buttered the baguette with garlic butter and broiled til golden. Wonderful sandwich. Thanks for sharing.