Recipe by dawnie2u
This easy to make, delicious beef noodle soup makes a wonderful lunch. The cinnamon is not overpowering and really compliments the flavor of this brothy soup. Forget chicken soup when you are sick, this one will put you back on your feet in no time!
- 28 ounces beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 inches piece cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 8 ounces beef sirloin (sliced thin)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (fresh)
- fresh basil leaf (to garnish)
- fresh cilantro leaves (to garnish)
- 4 ounces rice noodles (dried) or 4 ounces egg noodles (dried)
- soy sauce, to taste
- fresh jalapeno (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broth and water in a sauce pan, home made beef stock would be excellent of course.
- Add a 3" piece of cinnamon and 1T grated ginger.
- Heat this mixture to a very low simmer and cover for about 30 minute
- Remove the cinnamon and add a thinly sliced onion, 4oz. rice or egg noodles, and soy sauce to taste.
- Simmer until the noodles are tender.
- Add the beef sirloin, and cook until beef is just done.
- Garnish the finished soup with fresh bean sprouts, fresh basil leaves, fresh cilantro leaves and diced jalapeno peppers.