This easy to make, delicious beef noodle soup makes a wonderful lunch. The cinnamon is not overpowering and really compliments the flavor of this brothy soup. Forget chicken soup when you are sick, this one will put you back on your feet in no time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 28 ounces beef broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 inches piece cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 8 ounces beef sirloin (sliced thin)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (fresh)
- fresh basil leaf (to garnish)
- fresh cilantro leaves (to garnish)
- 4 ounces rice noodles (dried) or 4 ounces egg noodles (dried)
- soy sauce, to taste
- fresh jalapeno (to garnish)
- 1Place broth and water in a sauce pan, home made beef stock would be excellent of course.
- 2Add a 3" piece of cinnamon and 1T grated ginger.
- 3Heat this mixture to a very low simmer and cover for about 30 minute
- 4Remove the cinnamon and add a thinly sliced onion, 4oz. rice or egg noodles, and soy sauce to taste.
- 5Simmer until the noodles are tender.
- 6Add the beef sirloin, and cook until beef is just done.
- 7Garnish the finished soup with fresh bean sprouts, fresh basil leaves, fresh cilantro leaves and diced jalapeno peppers.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.4
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 1626.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 18.1 g