1/1 Photo of Vietnamese Beef Marinade
Jeff Cheffro White's Note:
If you want to have true Asian flavor in your beef ribs, steak or any other grilled meat...this is your recipe. It was given to me by Lan Nguyen, a fabulous cook and great friend of mine. It's a very large (restaurant scale) recipe. So unless you plan on cooking for an army, reduce it to 2 cups total.(use the converter).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Puree the chopped yellow onion, ginger root and pear in a robot coupe or food processor. Over medium heat, add cooking oil and bring to temperature Add the onion, ginger and pear. Cook until slightly brown.
- 22. Add the garlic and white pepper, mix well.
- 33. Add the soy sauce, ensuring all utensils are dry. Tap water will turn this marinade sour and ruin it.
- 44. Add both brown and white sugar, cook until granuals are disolved.
- 55. Add green onion and cool to room temperature.
- 66. Store for up to a week or marinate beef for up to 24-hrs.
- 77. Discard used marinade.
- 88. 1 cup will marinate up to 10 steaks.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Beef Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 50
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.0
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8471.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 105.7 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: