Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you want to have true Asian flavor in your beef ribs, steak or any other grilled meat...this is your recipe. It was given to me by Lan Nguyen, a fabulous cook and great friend of mine. It's a very large (restaurant scale) recipe. So unless you plan on cooking for an army, reduce it to 2 cups total.(use the converter).
- 1. Puree the chopped yellow onion, ginger root and pear in a robot coupe or food processor. Over medium heat, add cooking oil and bring to temperature Add the onion, ginger and pear. Cook until slightly brown.
- 2. Add the garlic and white pepper, mix well.
- 3. Add the soy sauce, ensuring all utensils are dry. Tap water will turn this marinade sour and ruin it.
- 4. Add both brown and white sugar, cook until granuals are disolved.
- 5. Add green onion and cool to room temperature.
- 6. Store for up to a week or marinate beef for up to 24-hrs.
- 7. Discard used marinade.
- 8. 1 cup will marinate up to 10 steaks.
This marinade has tons of flavor without too much heat. I've seen many similar recipes, but with much more pepper. This is a nice improvement without sacrificing flavor. Made for PAC.