Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and tasty outdoor cooking! But you could also do these under the broiler if you had to. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- Mash garlic into a paste, using mortar and pestle.
- Mix honey, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, cilantro, and garlic paste together in a bowl, stirring well.
- Coat chicken wings with sauce.
- Marinate wings at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- BBQ on grill over medium coals or heat, for 10-15 minutes, basting with remaining sauce.
These were wonderful! I loved the tang of the soy sauce and the sweetness of the honey, but the best part was the hint of cilantro - oh the taste was sp delicious. The marinade was very easy to prepare and the measurements were very accurate. I chose to bake mine rather than grill them, and they still came out perfect (I followed the directions for baking on my chicken wings package). A real winner!
I wasn't that fond of these. I don't know what the problem was. I do love cliantro so it couldn't have been it and I like all the other ingredients too.. I don't know... it didn't taste as good as it sounded...
Thia is soooo very good! Oh 10 stars recipe! I tried adding a little chili, and didn't like it, so started over and made as directed... that is the right way to go because it is just right as is. I normally don't do cilantro, but I knew with so few ingredients that it had to be important so we went for it. The flavor is subtle but very important. Oh, we made this with drumsticks and liked it from the grill. However, it was too cold and windy here in Green Bay for them to get that nice color and crispness in the skin. Even my picky 6yo ate more than her Daddy! Awesome recipe and will make often. Thanks!! :)