Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't made this yet, but it looks good as well as easy. Great when you have leftover rice. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can lychees, cut in slices (assorted fruit can be substituted)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Drain the Lychee.
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the banana and lychee slices, water, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until quite tender but not mushy.
- Add the rice and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 more minutes. Serve warm.
I had a 20oz can of Lychee, so I made this recipe. I don't see in the recipe if you are supposed to drain the can of lychee or not, so I didn't and the recipe is too runny. I should've drained the can. The recipe is very delicious!!!
This is amazingly easy and amazingly good. I didn't have lychees, so substituted crushed pineapple. And I needed to use up some whole milk, so I used that instead of the nonfat. So simple, and the fruit flavors and creamy texture are wonderful. Why bake rice pudding in the oven? No need with this recipe.
Made this and was curious how it would taste as I was making it...and WOW! YUMMY! It is really great and flavorful! I will try not to cook the fruit as much, so there are bigger chunks in the final product. Didn't have lychees, but substituted canned pineapple...if it was that good, can't wait to try the Lychees! Thanks for posting this!