Recipe by Amis
Haven't made this yet, but it looks good as well as easy. Great when you have leftover rice. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
Top Review by carol_l_w
I had a 20oz can of Lychee, so I made this recipe. I don't see in the recipe if you are supposed to drain the can of lychee or not, so I didn't and the recipe is too runny. I should've drained the can. The recipe is very delicious!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can lychees, cut in slices (assorted fruit can be substituted)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the Lychee.
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine the banana and lychee slices, water, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until quite tender but not mushy.
- Add the rice and milk and mix thoroughly.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 more minutes. Serve warm.