Recipe by xtine
I came up with this marinade while my husband and I were on vacation at our friends' home in Vieques, Puerto Rico. I just used what they had on hand in the pantry, and it ended up being amazing! It is now our favorite marinade for anything we are going to grill, it is equally wonderful on beef, chicken, pork and fish - a great all-purpose marinade.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 lime, peeled, seeded & chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a blender & blend until all spices are ground and sauce is smooth.
- Marinating recommendations: fin fish & shrimp - 1 hour, chicken & pork - 3 to 4 hours, beef - 6 to 8 hours or overnight if possible.
- After marinating the meat, save the marinade and bring it to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Boil for 1 minute, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, or until it is the consistency of a thin sauce. Serve with the meat.