Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this recipe out of a favorite brand cookbook. Very rich.
- 1 frozen sara lee all butter pound cake, thawed
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves or 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Cut pound cake lengthwise ito 3 layers.
- Sprinkle 1 cut side of each layer with 1 tbsp rum.
- Place bottom cake layer on serving plate; spread with strawberry preserves; top with middle cake layer; spread with apricot preserves.
- Replace top layer of cake.
- Frost top, sides and ends of cake with whipped topping; garnish with almonds.
For using a store bought cake, this was easy, quick and delicious. If I was serving for company I would probably make a cake from scratch, but it was perfect for just the two of us.