Recipe by dizzydi
A delightful Shortbready type cookie with a lovely orange cream filling, I got this recipe out of one of my older cookbooks and thought I would share.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I mostly followed your recipe, but when it came to the cream filling, I added 2 teaspoons of minced orange zest, giving an even more intense orange flavor to these wonderfully delicious cookies! Definitely a recipe worth keeping! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in the special event All Aboard for the L-O-V-E Train!]
- 220 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- icing sugar, extra
- 60 g butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- orange food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sifted icing sugar and rind till fluffy, Add cornflour mix well. Add sifted flours gradually, beat well till smooth.
- Fill into a piping bag with star tube and pipe 2.5cm stars onto lightly greased oven trays, Bake in mod oven for 15 minutes until pale golden brown. Cool on racks.
- Sandwich cookies together in pairs with orange cream filling, dust with icing sugar.
- Orange Cream, beat soft butter with sifted icing sugar till smooth, add a few drops orange food colour and orange juice.