Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A different goulash that I enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces light beer
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 4 -5 tablespoons ketchup
- Saute the onion and garlic in the butter until tender.
- Add the beef, beer and water, all spices and herbs except paprika.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook about 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes and simmer another 30 minutes until tender.
- Add the ketchup and paprika, mixing well, about 10 minutes before serving.
- Good served with rye bread and cold beer.