Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cookie for coffee lover. Recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens 100 Best Cookies.
Make and share this Viennese Coffee Balls (No Bake) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 -5 tablespoons brewed espresso or 4 -5 tablespoons strong coffee or 4 -5 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- sifted confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Combine crushed cookies, the 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, the nuts, cocoa powder, coffee crystals and cinnamon.
- Add brewed espresso, coffee or water, using just enough to moisten.
- Form mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Roll balls generously in the 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Place balls on a sheet of waxed paper; let stand until dry (about 1 hour).
- Before serving, roll balls again in confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- To store: Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
We love this recipe at my house. I make it every Christmas. It is so quick and easy, and even non-cofffee lovers devour them!
Mmmmm.... coffee-y and not to sweet! I used pecans instead of walnuts as personal preference and a bit more cinnamon
Very easy and tasty cookie. try it your family and freinds will love them.