Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great with company or when you need to indulge in something a little special.
- 1⁄2 cup good-quality chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 1⁄2 cups very strong freshly brewed coffee
- 4 tablespoons light cream
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash cocoa
- Melt chocolate in sauce pan.
- Stir in light cream.
- Slowly add coffee, beating until frothy.
- In a cold bowl whip heavy cream and sugar.
- Pour coffee mixture into 4 cups.
- Top off with heavy cream.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and cocoa.
This was really good. I like that it wasn't too sweet. I drink my coffee without cream or sugar and tend to stay away from sweet foods. I used a dark chocolate which may have kept it from being too sugary. I am putting the leftovers in the fridge--I'm going to try it later over ice. Made for ZWT4.
We loved this coffee. It was a bit sweeter then I was expecting (probably due to the fact that i don't usually put sugar (or chocolate) in my coffee) but was good. It would be a great after dinner coffee and would be lovely by the fire in winter! Made for ZWT4. Whine & Cheese Rock!
I liked it! It's a sophisticated cross between hot cocoa and coffee. Next time I'll give into the impulse to add some Kahlua too :) Thanks Evelyn for a lovely drink. Made for ZWT, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.