Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
What a great way to relax with friends! This is made in the crockpot and leaves you free to enjoy your guests and after dinner coffee. Recipe is from Best Loved Slow Cooker Recipes.
- 3 cups strong coffee, freshly brewed, hot
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup Creme de Cacao or 1⁄3 cup irish cream
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- Combine the hot coffee, chocolate syrup and sugar in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Stir in heavy cream and creme de cacao.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle into tall coffee mugs, top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Yummy! This was so tasty. I used SF chocolate syrup and white Creme De Cacao as well as Splenda to make this a little less guilty. Thanks for sharing:)
Scaled this down to 1 serving for myself. Didn't use the crockpot either but instead used the microwave for 2 minutes. *blush* I just love the taste! It's like a creamy hot chocolate drink. Mmmm.. thanks for sharing, PaulaG.
This was so good. We really enjoyed this smooth, rich, creamy drink. I used Irish cream and whipped cream. I didn't cook it in the crockpot, I couldn't wait that long, it still turned out great. Thanks so much for sharing Paula.