The last of the 2007 holiday trays are done and I am already thinking about next year. (Our trays have favorites but always include a few new recipes.) Planned to make these but never had a chance. Posting this so I don't lose it in the next 49 weeks before holiday begins again. This recipe comes from "1000 Chocolate Recipes from Around the World" an encyclopedic volume which should be mandatory reading for us chocoholics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 ounces semisweet chocolate (chips work) or 2 1/2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped into pieces (chips work)
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare baking sheets with a light coating of cooking spray.
- 2Sift together the flour, baking powder, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- 3Using a double boiler or a large heat resistant bowl over a saucepan, melt your chocolate.
- 4Beat together the butter and sugar until the butter is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes at medium high speed.
- 5Using the mixer, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the whipped butter and sugar. Once done, beat in the melted chocolate.
- 6Using a large pastry bag fitted with a large star tip (#885), pipe 2 inch ribbons of dough. In doing so, you are not making a straight line but slight small waves/ridges. Sorry I don't recall the terminology here. Allow a good amount of space between cookies to allow to expand during baking.
- 7Bake for 12-15 minutes, checking at the minimum baking time for doneness. Remove from the oven when done.
- 8Allow the cookies to cool on sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks.
- 9Melt the remaining chocolate in a double boiler. Gently dip the edge of each cookie into the chocolate tipping off the excess. Place the dipped cookies onto the parchment paper and let the chocolate set before serving or storing.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Viennese Chocolate Fingers
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.1
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 58.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 1.2 g