1/1 Photo of Viennese Biscuits
ann teapot's Note:
soft melt in the mouth biscuits, I suppose originally from Vienna. So simple and economical, can be made in half an hour
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat butter and sugar till pale.
- 2To quicken it up slightly, beat over a bowl of hot water but not too much it shouldn't be runny Sift in flour.
- 3Put mixture in a large star piping bag and pipe as you want.
- 4Tradionally this should be tubes or whirls.
- 5Chill for 15 minutes.
- 6bake 10 minutes at 190°C.
- 7They should not be brown, they stay pale.
- 8When cool-- melt some chocolate, I use a mixture of 70% cocoa butter and ord.
- 9milk use a small deep container (egg cup is good).
- 10dip each tube or whirl in chocolate.
- 11lay on baking parchment and set in fridge.
- 12Great to serve with ice cream or my.
- 13SUMMER AVALANCHE (posted too).
- 14i'm drooling already!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Viennese Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.8
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 41.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g