Recipe by ann teapot
soft melt in the mouth biscuits, I suppose originally from Vienna. So simple and economical, can be made in half an hour
Top Review by Emma Stewart
I am really pleased to have found this recipe as I love viennese biscuits. The only changes I made were I used 2oz of icing sugar and added a couple of drops of vanilla and a few capfulls of milk this made the biscuits extremely light.
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar till pale.
- To quicken it up slightly, beat over a bowl of hot water but not too much it shouldn't be runny Sift in flour.
- Put mixture in a large star piping bag and pipe as you want.
- Tradionally this should be tubes or whirls.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- bake 10 minutes at 190°C.
- They should not be brown, they stay pale.
- When cool-- melt some chocolate, I use a mixture of 70% cocoa butter and ord.
- milk use a small deep container (egg cup is good).
- dip each tube or whirl in chocolate.
- lay on baking parchment and set in fridge.
- Great to serve with ice cream or my.
- SUMMER AVALANCHE (posted too).
- i'm drooling already!