Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I really enjoy Vienna sausage, but I just got tired of eating them right out of the can. For all of the canned meat fans, this is for us. Prep time doesn't include cooking of eggs. Chill time is "cook time".
Top Review by Cathy-O
Picked up way too many cans of vienna sausages when they went on sale, and was wondering what to do with them other than just eat them out of the can. This was a interesting change. I added a tbsp of ketchup, 1 mild green chilli finely chopped (seeds removed) and a squeeze of lemon for a bit of zing. Thanks for the recipe shapeweaver!
- 2 (5 ounce) cans vienna sausages, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (may need a little more to make it more spreadable)
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons granulated sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
- garlic powder