Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I really enjoy Vienna sausage, but I just got tired of eating them right out of the can. For all of the canned meat fans, this is for us. Prep time doesn't include cooking of eggs. Chill time is "cook time".
- 2 (5 ounce) cans vienna sausages, drained
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (may need a little more to make it more spreadable)
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons granulated sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
- garlic powder
- In a medium sized bowl, add Vienna sausage, mashing well.
- Add rest of ingredients, mixing well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve as a sandwich spread or as a dip for assorted crackers and veggies.
Picked up way too many cans of vienna sausages when they went on sale, and was wondering what to do with them other than just eat them out of the can. This was a interesting change. I added a tbsp of ketchup, 1 mild green chilli finely chopped (seeds removed) and a squeeze of lemon for a bit of zing. Thanks for the recipe shapeweaver!
Trying to clear out my hurricane Stockpile. I made this recipe. I used Garlic Salt and it came out salty which for me is very salty, as I tend to over salt. I should have read Zookie's comment about boiling the sausages beforehand. I didn't have sweet relish so used a bit of chopped rinsed dill slices and added a touch of sugar, also some Parsley/
this came out good with a few modifications. I boiled the sausage first this removes alot of the salt. and added a tsp of mustard.