Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple cake mix bundt cake.
Make and share this Vienna Revel Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 package yellow cake mix or 1 package white cake mix or 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Mix sugar, flour, nuts, butter, cinnamon, and coffee until crumbly; reserve.
- Blend cake mix (dry), eggs, water, and oil in large mixer bowl, scraping constantly, until moistened, about 1/2 minute.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 4 minutes.
- Pour 1 2/3 cups batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with about 1 cup of the reserved crumbly mixture.
- Pour 1 2/3 cups batter over crumbly mixture in pan; sprinkle with remaining crumbly mixture.
- Pour remaining batter over crumbly mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes until or until wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; invert of wire rack.
- Remove pan; cool completely.
- Spread cake with spice glaze, allowing some to drizzle down the side.
- SPICE GLAZE: Dissolve instant coffee in hot water.
- Mix coffee, confectioner's sugar, and cinnamon.
- Stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons water until glaze is of proper consistency.
DH made this for his annual Easter pig fest! And boy was it ever a hit! I did not eat it because of Passover diet restrictions, but it smelled amazing and according to the people who inhaled it, moist, spicy, wonderful!
A simply delicious cake! Very easy to make, moist with the hidden surprise layers of nuts, brown sugar and coffee. My son-in-law, after his second piece, said, "Mom, you've got to keep this recipe handy". I will do just that! Thanks for posting this one!