Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is our family's favorite bean salad. It is the sweet Vadalia onion that makes it special. Please feel free to use canned (home/store) beans in this recipe.
- 2 cups canned red kidney beans, washed
- 1 cup green beans, cooked and in one inch pieces
- 1 cup yellow beans, cooked and in one inch pieces
- 1 medium vidalia onion, sliced thin and halved
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons prepared Dijon mustard
- Place vegetables in a serving dish.
- Add dressing and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
Very good! This salad is such a nice change from the usual 3 bean salad. I really liked how easy it was to prepare too. I used about 1/3 cup oil as suggested and that was perfect. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Quite tasty. I took Dave_in_CO's advice and cut back the olive oil to 1/3 cup, substituted lemon juice for the vinegar (but gave it a quick shot of vinegar too). As we don't get vidalia onions where I come from, I used a french shallot instead. I also substituted canned corn kernels for the yellow beans as we don't get them either. Kidney beans are not a great favourite in our household, but this salad was well received.
This is the best 3 bean salad I've ever eaten. However next time I make it I'm going to cut back the olive oil to 1/3 cup, it's a tad too saucy at 1/2 cup.