Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Review Journal in Las Vegas, NV printed this recipe that they got from the Folsom Farms in glennville, GA.
- 2 cups sliced vidallia sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can refrigerate crescent roll
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute onions in butter until golden brown and tender.
- Separate rolls into triangles.
- Place in ungreased round 8-inch pan, pressing together to form an even crust on bottom and half way up the sides.
- Spread onions on top of dough.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Beat egg slightly: add evaporated milk
- Pour over onions.
- Bake for 20 50 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Serves 6 to 8.
This was good, but mine turned out very quiche like, which I wasn't under the impression that it would turn out that way.
We love vidalia onions, and this recipe was tops! The buttery crescent rolls meld with the sweet onions so well. I served this as a side to grilled ribeyes (along with a spinach salad). 6-8 servings? Hubby ate most of it by himself. :~)
This is a great recipe for those vidalia onions that my family loves so much. I will be making this recipe often. Made it exactly as directed. No changes needed!!!!