Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple to make , very comfort food , just GOOD! Got this from somewhere on the web
Make and share this Vidalia/sweet Onion Chicken Breast Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Brown in the 2 Tbsp.
- of oil and drain on paper towel.
- Grease a 1 1/2 qt.
- casserole dish.
- Layer sliced potatoes on the bottom, the chopped onion next.
- Pour soup over all (I added just a pinch of milk to my soup to make it pourable).
- Place chicken breast on top, sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover tightly with tinfoil and bake in a preheated 350* oven for 1 hour.
- **This is the original recipe.
- When I made it, I used cream of chicken soup because we don't like mushroom.
- I also used bite sized pieces of stir fried chicken, but still cooked it for an hour.
- I guess because it's covered in foil, it didn't dry out.
- Was good enough for all 3 of us to like it!
- *LOL*(that doesn't happen often) This would be a very easy recipe to double or triple!
We just love this recipe thankyou & it is busy bubbling away again in the oven right now. It is so quick, easy and adaptable to whatever is in the house at the time. For personal preference I chop and brown the chicktits with some garlic and spices before layering potato and sweet potato slices, chook, a little grated cheese, onions or shallots mushrooms and any other veg I fancy. The variations are endless and so easy to adapt to different tastes. We love the mushy soup but it works with any cream soup and we mix in 1/2 a tub of sour cream - no lowfat for us :) - and more garlic and pepper, herbs and spices. Kept simple or played with to suit your tastes this is a winner. - thanks for sharing.
Vidalias and chicken, what's not to like? I added 2T of left over sour cream some pepper, thyme and garlic. I also used smoked paprika instead of regular. Everyone loved it! Thanks for a tasty comfort recipe.
thought this was good &easy and different because it is not your typical rice and chicken thing...gonna try it next with some curry powder