Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the Las Vegas Review Journal.The Zelzah Shriners are bringing 40,000 lbs. of onions to LV to sell. This was one of the recipes that was printed from Folsom Farms in Glennville, GA.
- 1 large vidalia sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan 12x8x2 inch baking pan.
- Saute onions in 3 tablespoons butter.
- When onions cool add sour cream.
- Set aside.
- Combine salt, eggs, and milk.
- Add to biscuit mix and stir until moistened.
- Lightly fold in sauteed onion and sour cream mixture.
- Turn into pan and bake for 30-45 minutes, with the time depending on the choice of pan.
- Serves 8.