Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice main dish pie or a terrific side.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 large vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (white please)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a pie plate with pastry.
- Prebake for 10 minutes.
- Arrange half the onions in the pie shell and top with half the cheese.
- Add a second layer of onions and cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle the cream over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is lightly golden browned.
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes.
This was really good. Very simple to prepare also. And the flavor was great. I added some minced galic(just a bit) in with the onion layers. If you love onions, I definately recommend trying this dish.
The onions really should be cooked before putting into the pie shell. They were still pretty hard when it came out of the oven.
OHHHhhhh THANK U!!!!! I loved this so much I switched the cheese for fresh goat and added a bit of garlic the 2nd time I made it but was still very tasty the way u ment it