- 1 pie crust
- 2 large vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (white please)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a pie plate with pastry.
- Prebake for 10 minutes.
- Arrange half the onions in the pie shell and top with half the cheese.
- Add a second layer of onions and cheese, sprinkle with salt and pepper, drizzle the cream over top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top is lightly golden browned.
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes.