Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Love the taste of Vidalia onions and looking for a new and tasty way to serve them? Look no further and enjoy this delicious treat from Southern Living!
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add chopped onions, and sauté 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Place onions and bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk, eggs, 1 cup of cheese, and salt.
- Pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart soufflé or baking dish.
- Sprinkle with reamaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until set.
I first made this recipe after finding it in a Southern Living magazine and was so relieved to find it here after I lost my original copy. I've made it several times over w/o making any changes, and everyone always raves. It's definitely a keeper!! Thank you for posting!!
I made this tonight, and yummy! I used sourdough pieces, and it makes a great side dish to anything.
This is a delicious recipe that has been one of our family's holiday dinner staples for years.