Recipe by Galley Wench
One of Cooking Lights most popular recipes. I've modified slightly by adding a little more cheese.
Top Review by MamaJ
This was so good. This was the first risotto I have ever made and I was a little worried about half way through the cooking process that I had chosen the wrong rice. It was getting nice and creamy but the rice was still way too chewy. (I used calasparra rice that I had leftover after making paella). Once all the liquid was absorbed it was just right. The feta and parmesan combination is one of my favorites and along with the onion and garlic it was a perfect side dish. Thanks for another delicious recipe Galley Wench!
- 2 cups chopped vidalia onions or 2 cups other sweet onion
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked arborio rice or 1 1⁄2 cups other short-grain rice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese (divided)
- 1⁄3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- freshly group black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, saute 1 minutes.
- Stir in rice.
- Add 1/2 cup broth, cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of broth is nearly absorbed before adding the next (approximately 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in 1/3 cup feta, parsley and Parmesan.
- Spoon into serving bowl and top with 1/3 cup feta and pepper.